FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS
Please be aware, however, that CharakPharma will release specific personal information about the User if required to do so in the following circumstances:
- in order to comply with any valid legal process such as a search warrant, statute, or court order, or
- if any of User’s actions on CharakPharma’s website violate the Terms of Service or any of CharakPharma’s guidelines for specific services, or
- to protect or defend CharakPharma’s legal rights or property, the CharakPharma site, or CharakPharma Users; or
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the security, integrity of CharakPharma website/offerings.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- How we use your Personal Information / Personal Data
The Personal Data that the Website collects may be processed and used for the purposes of operating our Website, providing our services, and for the purposes of invoicing, and order processing, ensuring the security of our Website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you.
We may collect and process data about your use of our Website and services (“Usage Data“). The Usage Data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the Usage Data is our analytics tracking system. This Usage Data may be processed for the purposes of analyzing the use of the website and services.We use third party platforms for processing orders, order tracking, etc. Under such circumstances we may be required to share the Personal Information given by you with the third parties, to add value and improve the quality of services imparted by us to you. We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the confidentiality of your Personal Information is maintained by imposing strict confidentiality standards on all the third parties, including recipients such as distributors in various member states of the European Union, with whom we part this Personal Information. In all circumstances we shall ensure that your Personal Information is protected by strict confidentiality agreement. We shall not allow any third parties to retain your Personal Information longer than what is warranted by the nature of services rendered.
We would also impart your Personal Information wherever it is required to be disclosed under law to any of the governmental agency or regulatory bodies.We may share aggregated information that may include Personal Information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes.
We may collect and process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding goods and/or services (“enquiry data“). The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing, sending marketing e-mailers, and selling relevant goods and/or services to you. For the purpose of collecting and processing enquiry data, we use Mail Chimp marketing and database platform. We may also redirect all export queries that we may receive through the Website to respective distributor in particular country to connect and explore business opportunity.
We may collect and process information relating to our customer relationships, including customer contact information (“customer relationship data“). The customer relationship data may include your name, your employer, your job title or role, your contact details, and information contained in communications between us and you or your employer. The customer relationship data may be processed for the purposes of managing our relationships with customers, communicating with customers, keeping records of those communications and promoting our goods and services to customers, basis our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Website and business and communications with users.
We may collect and process information relating to transactions, including purchases of goods and transaction value that you enter into with us and/or through our Website (“transaction data“). The transaction data may include your contact details, your mode of payment details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of processing orders, and invoicing and supplying the purchased goods and services and keeping proper records of those transactions, basis our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Website and business and communications with users. Such transaction data and correspondence data and other personal data, may also be shared with our empaneled distributors in the European Union in order to process the orders and successfully complete deliveries.
We may collect and process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us(“correspondence data“). The correspondence data may include the communication content such as your medical queries, order queries, queries related to availability of products, and metadata associated with the communication. Our Website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the Website contact forms. The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping, basis our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our Website and business and communications with users.We may also share user correspondence data with our respective empaneled doctors when youaccess our Website / connect with us in any mode or platform for free consultation.
Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
- Safeguard/s to protect your Personal Information
Our Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Personal Information under our control. We have implemented several measures to ensure security and data protection.We ensure that the Personal Information given to us by you on the Website is placed in the secured portion of our website. We use the most advanced encryption technology, Secure Socket Layer (SSL), to ensure that the information transmitted between you and us across the Internet is safe and cannot be accessed by any outsider. SSL has been universally accepted on the World Wide Web for authenticated and encrypted communication between clients and servers.Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access and data breaches. In the event of occurrence of a Personal Data breach, we have strict guidelines and measures to notify the designated supervisory authority to ensure minimised risks to the rights of the customers. We further also notify the customers / User / you of the Personal Data breach without any undue delay.Further, for online payments, we have adopted the CCAvenue payment processing system which is secured and fully compliant with PCI DSS version 3.2. The third party payment aggregator may collect your Personal Information for processing payments, and therefore, we advise that you read their privacy policies made available on their website.We do not collect or store any bank account details of our customers on our Website or anywhere else.
- Data retention / Back – up
We retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Your Rights
Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- THE RIGHT TO ACCESS:
You have the right to view, amend, access, or delete the Personal Information that We / Website hold about you. To request access, please e-mail at [email protected].
- THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION:
If any of the information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you make ask us to correct or complete it at any time, via e-mail at [email protected]
- THE RIGHT TO ERASURE:
- You may request the deletion of any Personal Information we hold on you at any time. To request deletion of your Personal Information, contact [email protected]ak.com using the e-mail address we hold for you or otherwise proving your identity.
- Be aware that requesting deletion, unlike unsubscribing from specific e-mails, is total and irreversible. This means that We will also lose record of you having ever been on our systems, including any previous instructions you have given us opting out of specific emails types.
- In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your Personal Data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the Personal Data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the Personal Data have been unlawfully processed. However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING:
In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the Personal Data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the Personal Data for the purposes of our processing, but you require Personal Data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection. Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your Personal Data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
- THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING:
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the Personal Information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your Personal Data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
- THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY:
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Data is:
(a) consent; or
(b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your Personal Data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. To request for a copy of the Personal Information we hold on you, please e-mail at [email protected].
- THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN TO A SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY:
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT:
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by e-mailing us at [email protected]
- Your Consent
You understand that a cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your web browser from a web server and is eventually stored on a user’s computer hard drive. This anonymous information is maintained distinctly and is not linked to the Personal Information. You may choose to decline/ disable cookies, however, the same may have a significant impact on your experience of the Website and may make parts of the Website non-functional or inaccessible. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
- Unsubscribe from Promotion
As a user of the Website, you will occasionally receive updates from the Website about product or services & promotional offers, special offers via your Email id registered with us. However, you may choose at any time to no longer receive these types of e – mail messages by clicking the unsubscribe link embedded in the emails.
- Links to Other Site
- Disclosure of your Personal Information
In addition to the circumstances described above, we may disclose the Website member’s Personal Information if required to do so by law, court order, as and when requested by other government or law enforcement agency/authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect our rights or properties or those of any or all of our affiliates, associates, employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
- Our details
This website is owned and operated by Charak Pharma Pvt Ltd
We are registered in India under CIN number U24230MH2000PTC127072 and our registered office is at Evergreen Industrial Estate, Dr. E Moses Road, Shakti Mills Lane, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai – 400 011.
Our principal place of business is at Charak Pharma Pvt. Ltd. 21, Evergreen Industrial Estate, 2nd Floor Shakti Mills Lane, Opp. Dr. E. Moses Road, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai – 400 011.
You can contact us:
- by post to the postal address given above
- using our website contact form
- by telephone on +91 22 66846734; or
- by e-mail, at [email protected]
- Policy updates